The Critical Care Center at Prince George’s Hospital Center provides excellent, specialized, state of the art care of the highest quality and compassion for patients who are seriously ill or injured and emotional support for their families and loved ones.
Our 24-bed state of the art Critical Care Center located in the hospital Pavilion provides the most advanced, sophisticated therapy for our patients in a compassionate, loving environment.
We provide exceptional care for :
- Open Heart Coronary Artery Bypass and Valve Replacement Patients
- Severely Injured Multi Trauma Patients (Busiest Level II Trauma Center in the nation and the second busiest Trauma Center in Maryland with a 97 % survival rate)
- Severe Brain Injuries
- Medical Patients with Acute Critical Illness (Top 5 % of Hospitals Nationwide)
- Surgical Patients
- Complicated Obstetrical Patients
We utilize the most sophisticated, advanced technologies found in a university setting to support our patients through their critical illness.
Our care also reaches throughout the hospital with our Rapid Response Team to bring immediate Critical Care to any one who needs it at any time and any place.
Our Care is dedicated towards ensuring patient safety. We participated in the Maryland Patient Safety Center ICU Collaborative to implement all of their goals for providing the highest quality and safety in Critical Care. We are also participating in the Nationwide Collaborative to eliminate Catheter Related Blood Stream Infections.
Patient Care is based on a highly trained, specialized, integrated, collaborative team approach dedicated to providing the highest quality critical care and patient safety. Our team is compromised of many caring people:
- 24/7 In-House Intensivist Specialized, Board Certified Critical Care Physician
- 24/7 Specialized Critical Care Physician Assistant and ICU Resident
- Highly-trained, Experienced, Specialized Critical Care Nurses providing compassionate care utilizing the most advanced treatments
- Respiratory Therapists experienced in the most sophisticated respiratory treatments
- Physical Medicine Specialists providing early, aggressive rehabilitation services
- Social Service Specialists and Bereavement Team to help support patients,families and loved ones
All bring to life the words of Senator Jacob Javits, stricken with the severely debilitating neuromuscular Lou Gehrigs Disease, “In Critical Care it strikes me that the issues are three : REALISM, DIGNITY and LOVE”.
Contact the Critical Care Center at Prince George’s Hospital Center at 301-618-6300.