Our clients have a variety of options for childbirth education:
- Beautiful Beginnings Tour: One Sunday each month, join us for a free tour of the labor and delivery, neonatal intensive care, and mother & baby units, as well as the birth center.
- Childbirth Class: One weekend each month, join us for an introductory childbirth education course, including:
- The stages of labor
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Cesarean sections: the basics
- Newborn appearance: what to expect
- Postpartum: what to expect in the hospital and at home
The fee is $75, which is covered or reimbursed by some, but not all, insurances.
Schedule for the weekend: 9:30am – 3:30pm on Saturday and 9:30am – 4:00pm on Sunday.
To sign up or get more information, call (301) 618-3275 and leave a message that includes your name, due date, and two phone numbers where you can be reached.
At other locations:
Go to each website or call to get details on the content of each program and to find a certified instructor in your area:
- Hypnobirthing: www.hypnobirthing.com or (602) 788-6198
- Hypnobabies: www.hypnobabies.com or (714) 952-BABY (2229)
- The Bradley Method: www.bradleybirth.com or (800)-4-A-BIRTH (800-422-4784)
- Lamaze International: www.lamaze.org or (800) 368-4404
- Birthing from Within: www.birthingfromwithin.com or (805) 964-6611
There is also a good summary of class content at The American Pregnancy Association