Providing Positive Family Care for Your Comfort
Prior to, during and following your delivery, our staff can assist you with your care, educate you on caring for your new addition, and answer any questions you may have. Our goal is to make you and your family comfortable during your stay with us. The vision statement for the Mother-Baby Unit is “We provide positive family care to all!” Come visit us and experience our smiling ways.
Our services include:
Perinatal Diagnostic Center
- Our Perinatal Diagnostic Center is an in/outpatient referral Center providing the highest consultative services to those mothers who have medical complications prior to pregnancy. The Center is staffed with a full-time perinatalogist and other staff.
Labor and Delivery
- Our Labor and Delivery suites are inviting and comfortably furnished with large sleep chairs for the support person as well as with state-of-the-art equipment. The unit has two surgical suites and anesthesia staff trained in pain management techniques that are safe for both mother and baby. All staff work cooperatively to ensure the best outcome.
- Our Center is the only in-hospital “Birthing Center” in Maryland. It is equipped with double beds, private accommodations and jacuzzi tubs and is likened to experiencing a birth at home.
Mother/Baby Unit (Postpartum)
- Our Mother/Baby Unit has a five-star hotel look and feel. Our nursing staff teaches new moms the basics of feeding, bathing and diapering their newborn so they can go home with the knowledge and confidence needed to care for their infants.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Our NICU is the only Level III designated Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Southern Maryland. We have neonatalogists, pediatricians, and nurses who specialize in the care of the newborn at risk. If there is a need, this team will be at your delivery to care for you and your baby.
In addition, Dimensions Healthcare System also provides Midwifery Services. Dimensions Midwifery was created in 1988 as a joint physician/midwife obstetric practice aimed at decreasing the high infant mortality rate in the State of Maryland. Since then the nurse-midwifery practice has grown to a staff of 11 nurse-midwives with over 170 years of combined experience-the largest practice in Maryland. Click here to learn about our Midwifery services.
To learn more about Maternal and Child Health Services at Prince George’s Hospital Center, call 301-618-2200.