Prince George’s Hospital Center, Department of Medicine offers interns and residents of the Residency Program a comprehensive benefits package. The following is a summary of the various house staff benefits offered.
The payroll source for residents in the Internal Medicine Residency program is Dimensions Health System.
- PGY1 – $45,976
- PGY2 – $47,647
- PGY3 – $49,704
- Chiefs – $51,953
* Effective July 1, 2009.
* Educational Stipend: For Approved Educational Conferences
- Each resident receives an on call pager.
- PGY2 – $250
- PGY3- $1,000
*Effective July 1, 2009
*For textbooks, software or other learning resources per year.
- Monthly meal coupons for meals in the Hospital Cafeteria at an employee discount rate.
- Health Insurance; Dental Plan; Prescription Plan; Malpractice; Long-term Disability.
- Lab coats provided and laundered free of charge every year.
- Paid Vacation: 4 weeks per year (cannot break or accumulate).
- Maternity, Spousal and Adoption Leave
- Maternity leave as covered by Prince George’s Hospital policy on compensation and benefits.
- Medical residents’ on-call conforms to the ACGME’s requirement that no resident has to work more than 36 continuous hours and 80 hour workweek, averaged over four weeks.
- Modern and attractive housing is available for rent or purchase in multiple surrounding communities. On-call quarters with refrigerator and snacks provided while on duty.
- Free Parking. Free on-site parking in Physicians parking lot Prince George’s Hospital and in the Glenridge clinic is provided to residents Internal Medicine Residency Program.
For More Information
Stephanie Davis, Program Coordinator
Internal Medicine Residency Program
Prince George’s Hospital Center
3001 Hospital Drive
Dept. of Med. 5th Floor
Cheverly, Maryland 20785
(301) 618-3776 office
(301) 618-2986 fax
Benefits Overview (PDF): Benefit information from Prince George’s Hospital Center and Dimensions Health System